Case Study Discussions on How to Communicate Gift Strategies Effectively With Prospects
Speaker: Kirby Hughes Gould, Vice-President, Christian Church Foundation
Kirby will lead the group through four donor case studies, where we will interact with each other to answer the following questions:
1. What is unique and distinctive about the donor’s situation?
2. What solutions can be offered to the donor both personally and financially, and to benefit the charity?
3. What additional resources need to be secured to assist the donor and the planned giving professional?
- Core Competencies – Essential knowledge or skills from disciplines related to the field of philanthropic planning.
- Charitable Estate Planning – Approaches to gifts integrating current or deferred components
- Gift Design Essentials – Best practices for structuring gifts that benefit both donors and charitable organizations
7:30 am – Registration, continental breakfast, networking
8:00 am – Kirby’s presentation, including Q&A
About Kirby: Kirby Gould has been vice president for the North Central Zone of the Christian Church Foundation since October 1997. The Foundation assists Disciples of Christ churches in the areas of endowments, permanent funds, planned gifts, and bequests. She serves the regions of Greater Kansas City, Mid America, Upper Midwest, Kansas and Nebraska. She is also a board member of Partnership For Philanthropic Planning.
Before joining the Foundation, she worked for the National Benevolent Association, primarily as director of Development for the Oklahoma Christian Home in Edmond, OK for 13 years.
Kirby is a native of McPherson, KS, and a graduate of Phillips University in Enid, OK with a bachelor’s degree in music education/music therapy. After graduation she served as Church Admissions Director for the college. In 1999 she was named Outstanding Young Alum by Phillips University.
Kirby is a licensed minister of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), a Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) and has received the designation of ChFC (Chartered Financial Consultant), CASL (Certified Advisor for Senior Living), and CAP (Chartered Advisor in Philanthropy). She belongs to the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) and the Partners in Philanthropic Planning (PPP) where she served as President of the local chapter in 2011, and serves on the national board of PPP.
- Sep 28, 2018
23rd Annual Building Blocks Planned Giving Conference
- Oct 12, 2018
Creating a Trust – Utilizing a Trust and Building Trust with Scott Blakesley
- Oct 31, 2018
Live Webinar: Creating a Data-driven Gift Planning Program
- Nov 9, 2018
The Ethics Experts
- Nov 28, 2018
Live Webinar — Planned Gift Data Crunching Workshop