9:30 – 10:40 Topic: Getting to a Joyful, Inspired, Generous “Yes” to Your Blended Solicitation (Part 1)
This two-part workshop begins at the end of the journey with a successful blended solicitation. Together we’ll explore how aligned values, serving as a trusted advisor, strategic conversations, astute listening, smart donor plans, big ideas, and meaningful engagement lead to a joyful yes. We’ll conclude with a sure-fire solicitation construct. You’ll walk away with new ideas, burnished skills, and renewed enthusiasm.
- Increase and/or burnish your major gift solicitation skills
- Take your strategic donor conversations to the next level of effectiveness
- Create smart and strategic donor plans that result in increased giving
10:55 – 12:05 Topic: Getting to a Joyful, Inspired, Generous “Yes” to Your Blended Solicitation (Part 2)
2:10 – 3:00 Topic: Managing Your Work, Time, Energy, and Still Having a Life
Taking a major gift approach to your gift planning work takes time. Following up on current donors and new leads, participating in staff and strategy meetings, juggling all your other responsibilities sometimes leaves us too exhausted for family and friends much less our own needs. We’ll analyze your issues and identify solutions. You’ll leave with a plan that will work for you.
As a result of your active participation, you will:
- Increase your analytical skills around how you are using your time and expending your energy
- Identify those areas ripe for a respectful “Nos” and be able to say no without limiting your career or hurting your relationships
- Create a plan for managing your time, energy, work and life that you can start implementing the minute you return home and to the office
About Karen: Karen believes in the power of philanthropy. She built her career around this passions as a frontline fundraiser, speaker, trainer, teacher, consultant, coach, donor, volunteer and board member.
CASE awarded Karen the Crystal Apple for Outstanding Teaching and Public Speaking and the Ashmore Award for Outstanding Service to the Profession. Karen serves on the Woodrow Wilson National Fellowship Foundation board and is an adjunct faculty member for Johns Hopkins University’s graduate certificate program in nonprofit management.
Visit Karen’s author website at www.kareneosborne.com
- Oct 31, 2018
Live Webinar: Creating a Data-driven Gift Planning Program
- Nov 9, 2018
The Ethics Experts
- Nov 28, 2018
Live Webinar — Planned Gift Data Crunching Workshop