Benefits of Membership
The benefits of involving staff in planned giving/charitable gift planning has become increasingly important to the success of nonprofit organizations and the philanthropists who support them. To that end, MAPGC provides free monthly meetings delivered by local, regional or national authorities in estate and charitable planning, tax and financial services, marketing and social media, and donor and advisor relationships.
The Mid-America Planned Giving Council, formed in 1988, is the leading educational resource for planned giving in the greater Kansas City region. MAPGC’s programming brings together both the non-profit professionals and for-profit counterparts to create a dynamic planned giving partnership that helps position you to benefit both the donor and their philanthropic intent. MAPGC participated in the formation of National Association of Charitable Gift Planners (CGP) in 1988 and subscribes to its Model Standards of Practice.
Benefits of Local Chapter Membership
MAPGC Programs Have A Wide Appeal
From one-person nonprofit development operations and large-shop major gift/planned giving teams to estate planning attorneys, CPAs, and other allied professionals. Meetings are Sept – May typically on the 2nd Friday of every month from 7:30 – 9 a.m. at Ewing Kauffman Conference Center consisting of ½ hour networking and noshing followed by a presentation with plenty of time for questions. Our premier program – Building Blocks of a Planned Giving Program in August is a ½ day intensive with multiple tracks.
Your membership is essential to assure you receive:
- free programming
- cutting-edge topics
- learning from the nation’s leading experts
- CLE and CFRE continuing education credits
- networking with others in the field
Your membership benefits your professional future!
Benefits of National Membership
- Thousands of colleagues ready to help you with your questions
- 500 member-exclusive resources in the CGP library, including papers, model documents, and research
- Access to career opportunities in the CGP Career Center
- $200 savings when you register for annual CGP Conference
- Free bi-monthly newsletter
- 50% off all education webinars, recordings, data and conference materials